Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Poecilia reticulate Adventure

“There I was just minding my own business, swimming around with my parents, my aunts and uncles, my brothers, sisters, and cousins. We were a happy grouping, enjoying the day. The water was a little mucky, but definitely not enough to make us not want to swim in it. Something changed though, the world grew shadowed and what lighting we had shifted. The water level began to decrease, slowly the distance between surface and the sand below got closer. Everyone grew frantic! Then I could feel it. There was a huge current coming from somewhere, chasing us. There was a tube in the water! It was sucking up all the water! My parents and a few cousins and I, after being chased everywhere found a safe corner to hide in just behind this big green box. We thought we were safe there. But we weren’t, the big tube emerged from the murky depths straight toward us! We all scattered, but it was too late for me. I was too slow. There were too many others in my way. I couldn’t escape. And I was so young; I couldn’t swim hard enough to get out of the strong current. It sucked me right up,” he paused for dramatic effect.

“The trip was fast; my heart was going a mile a minute! I was sucked through the tube at top speed. I went up and out of the water and down, down, down a huge cliff then I swerved and looped around the ground and the bottom of the cliff. I barely had time to think when I was spat out the other end of the tube into another small, shallow body of water. It was perfectly clear. The sand was different though, darker and rockier with a lot of big leaves. Above me were theses enormous plants, trees I believe, where the leaves came from. And I could see sky! Yes, real sky! We’ve only ever heard about it. And the sun that you see here? It’s nothing compared to the real sun that’s so far away and looks so small but makes everything light and beautiful. I swam around in this outside world for a while, only a little scared that I was alone and didn’t know what had happened. After a little while the tube stopped spitting out water and everything was very calm and quiet. Suddenly this huge face appeared over me. And I was being scooped up, lying wet and naked on the leaves, I rose into the air. And moments later I was plopped back down inside my home with my family. It was an adventure I’ll never forget,” he finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment